The Whole is greater than the sum of its Parts
Organizational Learning is the process by which an organization improves itself over time through gaining experience and using that experience to create knowledge. The knowledge created is then transferred within the organization. There are three key processes that occur in Organizational Learning: a) Knowledge Creation, b) Knowledge Retention, and c) Knowledge Transfer. It is important that the organization ensures that the knowledge gained from this process is retained within the organization and is transferable. Knowledge retained by individuals cannot be properly retained, as individuals can leave, taking their knowledge with them. Embedded knowledge can be kept within the organization and shared with all individuals.
Why is Organizational Learning important?
When organizations dedicate time and resources to developing a Learning Culture and implementing Organizational Learning, they are more competitive: they have an increased ability to react quickly to fast-changing market conditions. By embracing the lessons that can be learned from failure and the study of its own processes, they contain more knowledge about best practices and are much more able to adapt. By creating an environment where all employees are "teachers and students", there is an equal exchange of information that allows each person to contribute in a substantial manner.
What we do
We help organizations and institutions to design an Organizational Learning Strategy and deploy an Organizational Learning Culture. We support our solutions on plans which foster systems thinking, personal mastery, mental models acknowledgment, shared vision, and Team Learning (which definitely goes far beyond mere Team Building!).
How we do it
1. We learn about your organization´s purpose and plans.
2. We work with all levels of the organization to create a clear diagnosis.
3. We bring a Draft Plan as a starting point to co-creation.
4. We co-create with you the Plan to be implemented.
5. We support you in the implementation process.
6. We support you in your lifelong journey.
We can be of help if
- Your Organization is not reacting quickly to changes
- You feel like there is knowledge in your Organization that is wasted
- You sense you lose part of your Organization´s knowledge each time a worker leaves
- You know there are communication silos that prevent the Organization from having better results
- You want to develop Team Learning skills inside your Organization
- You want to develop Collaboration skills inside your Organization
- You want to bring to light and explicit the organizational´s hidden wisdom
- You want to create a culture where everybody is willing to learn and share knowledge
- You started a Learning Culture process and it´s not going well
Organizations are living individuals. They need to learn as such.
Not doing it is a waste of valuable resources.